So what have I been doing?
- A digitization pen to help with note-taking in the near future?
- A sensor sheet to detect both pressure and bending?
- Rehabilitation (My friend recently tore his ACL, he hopes this will make physical therapy measurements less painful)
- Augmented reality control (Can be cut to a hand shape, sensing finger bending and contact)
- Sports monitoring (Measurement of posture and impact)
- Some technical documentation on this: (Code at end)
- Thanks to SAIL and mHealth for funding this project!
Other projects in progress?
- A searchable collection of university lecture videos https://collecture.org/
- All of these lectures are being held virtually right now, so what if we could preserve and share them all?
- A video chat system to meet new friends during this quarantine https://labg.cf/
- Features a grouping system so you can meet people while talking with friends you already know (s o c i a l d i s t a n c i n g !)
- A wearable navigation device for urban cyclists https://www.linkedin.com/company/vybe-labs/
- No more dangerous glances at your phone as you approach busy intersections
- An online game (more details on this soon)
- Designed to be cheater-free, fast, and shiny!
What about some fun stuff? (even more fun, of course)
A Logisim microcontroller for particle path prediction?
- 16-bit ISA
- Inputs: particle position, particle velocity, container size
- Outputs: particle position over time
- Assumes elastic collisions and rigid walls
- An online buzz-in system for Quiz Bowl practice? http://online-buzzer.herokuapp.com/
- Just grab two phones or laptops and get going!
- An online game console? http://onlinegameconsole.herokuapp.com/
- A laptop for the screen and two phones (or tabs) for controllers!
- An invisible piano? Note: Leap Motion sensor required https://dx724.github.io/VirtuAlso/
- Some words on our environment? https://dx724.github.io/TheCleanAir/
- A tool to help write college essays? (Or anything, really!) https://dx724.github.io/College-Essay-Writer/
- A quick and simple online way to enable yearbook signing online? https://yrbk.live/